Budget and Treasury Office
Ms N Sibobi
JUST SO YOU KNOW ….
BTO’s were established after the promulgation of the Municipal Finance Management Act in 2007 and must consist of;
- The Chief Financial Officer
- Officials of the Municipality allocated by the Accounting Officer to the CFO
- Any other person contracted by the municipality for the work of the office
Ubuhlebezwe Municipality established a Budget and Treasury Office and subsequently appointed a CFO as per legislation.
The department is an engine providing strategic financial leadership to Ubuhlebezwe Municipality.
The main functions of the department are:
- Revenue Management, Expenditure Management-Budget and Reporting, Supply Chain Management and Asset and Liability Management
The department’s guiding principles are
- Accountability, Transparency, Reliability, Compliance and Service Excellence.
The Department is also ardent about revenue collection and is also focused on ensuring that municipal debt is decreased to a minimal and acceptable level. This is sought to be done through addressing accounting difficulties in revenue particularly correct and accurate bills to customers.
The department also endeavours to eliminate the culture of non payment within its customers and also establish relationships with its customers thereby contributing to service delivery.
The department also ensures compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and council approved finance policies. In addition, it is of utmost importance that the department complies with all the provisions of GRAP and a full GRAP compliant asset register.
Annual Financial Statements are also prepared at the department and credible annual financial statements contribute immensely on the municipality’s credit rating.
|Assistance CFO||Miss S Sityata|
|Supply Chain Management||Mr F.L. Ndlovu|
|Asset Management||Mrs A.S. Ntobela|
|Budget Management||Mrs M.P. Mbatha|
Ms S Sityata
I am a skilled financial individual with a little over seven years’ worth of experience in the financial Sector. Vast majority of experience is with the Public sector. I have six and half years of my experience in the Public Sector, and the remainder is with Private sector.
In my employment and years of experience, I have been equipt and familiarized with various accounting programmes, systems, legislations, frameworks and broaden my expertise. This experience gained has further enabled me to be decisive, self-driven, analytical and motivated person who strive for a pro-active approach, perfection and attention to details. I always look for opportunities in any challenge I’m face with.
I am a strong believer in hard work, positive attitude, perseverance and dedication.
I have a National Diploma in Accounting and in the process of completing my B.Compt Degree in Accounting
- Auditing , Financial Accounting and Financial Management
- Business acumen – understands key drivers
- Strategic orientation: Ability to align performance to the strategic objectives of the business to ensure long-term organizational and individual success. Ability to demonstrate a broad-based view of issues and their wider implications.
- Interpersonal skills – support and encourages others to achieve goals
- Ethics – subscribes to good corporate governance ethics
- Persistence in achievement of goals
- Works well under pressure
- Team player and also works well as an individual
- Accounting and Financial Services
March 2008 to December 2008 - Trainee Accountant
- Auditor General (S.A)
January 2009 to December 2011 – Trainee Auditor (completed SAICA articles)
January 2012 to June 2013 – External Audit Senior
- Bonakude Consulting
July 2013 to March 2014 – Consultant
- Department Of Social Development
April 2014 to August 2015 – Assistant Manager: Financial Services
September 2014 to April 2015 – Acting Asset Manager
n SAICA Number: 20013415, Articles with Auditor-General
Her favourite quote is: “Be better and bigger than you were yesterday”
MR FL Ndlovu
Mr Ndlovu has been with the Municipality since 2003 and is a friendly person who is not easily pleased as he is a hard worker himself. He believes in team work with a view that two minds are always better than one.
He started his career as an intern at Universal Print Group, then with ML Sultan Technikon (TABEISA) as a Business Advisor. He then joined the Ubuhlebezwe family as a Creditors Clerk , and was later appointed as an Expenditure Accountant with his assumption of duty as a SCM Manager in 2010.
His favourite quote is: “Never fail to try, but try and fail”
He has a:
- B Com (Honours) : Accounting (year 1 only) (UKZN)
- B-Tech : Cost and Management Accounting (DIT)
- National Diploma: Accounting (ML Sultan)
Ms AS Cele
Ms Silindile Cele has acquired strong financial skills as she started working in Municipal Finance on 1 July 2007 as an Intern at Ugu District Municipality, where she worked in different sections under Budget and Treasury Office. She believes that trusting God and hard work leads to positive results.
She joined Ubuhlebezwe Municipality on 2 July 2012 as Senior Budget and Assets Clerk, she was further appointed as the Asset Accountant. She assumed her duties as Asset Manager in August 2015.
She has National Diploma: Cost and Management Accounting
Her favourite quote: "If you have positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges".
Budget and Treasury Office DocumentsBudget & Treasury Objection Forms - Read more…
Budget & Treasury: Policies - Read more…
Budget & Treasury Documents - Read more…