Corporate Service Department
Mr M.E. Mkhize
JUST SO YOU KNOW …
Mr Mkhize has a vast portfolio of experience as he is a former School Principal, Ward Councillor, Speaker, Party Whip and Deputy Mayor. He is an enthusiastic soccer fan and a staunch Roman Catholic who is happily married with 6 children and 1 grandchild.
His passion for service delivery is what drives him in his daily activities at the Municipality.
His favourite quote is “A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”
- A qualified teacher (University of Zululand) and journalist (Damelin).
- ELMDP (University of Pretoria)
- CPMD (Wits Business School)
Corporate Services Department’s core function is to provide support to all the Departments within the Ubuhlebezwe Municipality to ensure efficient and effective delivery. It consists of divisions, namely:-
- Human Resources – is responsible for labour matters, recruitment and Selection and Staff benefits
- Skills Development and Training – is responsible for conducting Skills Audit on all employees within the Ubuhlebezwe Municipality, advancing the skills of the employees of the Ubuhlebezwe Municipality through Training and facilitating awarding of Tuition Assistance and Scholarship.
- Wellness Centre – is responsible for the wellness of the employees of the Ubuhlebezwe Municipality through the Employee Assistance Programme.
- Information and Communication Technology – is responsible for providing IT Support to all the Departments and users within the Ubuhlebezwe Municipality.
- Administration – is responsible for minute taking for all Council meetings i.e Executive Committee, Council, Portfolio Committees and Sub-Committees. The division is also responsible for Council’s municipal code, ensure efficient registry and switchboard operations.
|Administration Manager||Mrs S.R Lundell|
|Committees Management Officer||Ms M.C. Mbhele|
|Fleet Management Officer||Mr M.C. Ntaka|
|HR Manager||Mr S.L Hlophe|
|HR Officer||Mrs L.H. Khumalo|
|ICT Manager||Ms S.K.C. Mvelase|
|ICT Officer||Mr S.L Khumalo
|Occupational Health Safety||Mr A Best|
|Wellness||Ms B. Nondabula
Mrs SR Lundell
Mrs Lundell is a hands on person who is not shy to go the extra mile to get things done. She has a passion for local government and the community, and is happily married with one child.
Even though she has been working in the institution for just short of 10 (ten) years, within the office of the Municipal Manager and Corporate Services Department, she is relatively new in this position having been appointed in May 2012.
Her favourite quote is: “The block of granite which was an obstacle in the pathway of the weak, became a stepping stone in the pathway of the strong...”
She has a:
- Diploma in Information Technology.
- Qualification in PC Engineering with Computer Architecture and Networking.
Mr SL Hlophe
"In doing my work, I get inspiration from Piet Human’s work, Yenza: A Blueprint for Transformation. Human holds a view that master plans do not bring change, implementation does. I believe that if you want to achieve something, you must just start working towards it." This belief bodes well for success of the municipality.
He has a:
- B.A Degree in Humanities and SSTD (University of Zululand)
- B Tech degree in Management (UNISA)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Governance and Politics (University of the Free State) and
- Master’s degree in Governance and Politics (University of the Free State).
Ms S.K.C Mvelase
More than 5 years of experience in Information and Communications Technology. I have worked for Indaka Local Municipality, Department of Education and Umzinyathi District Municipality. I am a very simple, God fearing, understanding, down to earth, trustworthy and kind hearted human being. I believe in the motto ‘Work hard and stay humble’. I love travelling, listening to music, reading all the latest fiction novels.
- National Diploma in Information Technology (Tshwane University of Technology)
- Project Management in Information Technology (UNISA)
- Currently studying towards Bcom Informatics (UNISA)
Corporate Service Department DocumentsCorporate Service Department: Policies - Read more…
Corporate Service Department: Document - Read more…